Ayurvedic Pulse Diagnosis
with Jennifer Ayres
Learn the Secrets of the Pulse (Nadi Parikshana) from the lineage of Dr. Vasant Lad from one of his lead instructors, Jennifer Ayres. Sensitize your fingers and open your mind to accessing the essential nature of a person by diving into their sacred flow of prana. Weave the technical with the intuitive for deeper insights into you and your clients’ state of health. Pulse diagnosis takes diligent practice to master but in one weekend you can learn the basics necessary to perceive your clients’ constitution at birth, any current doshic imbalance, weakness in internal organs, and basic emotional well-being. Every aspect of a being can be felt through the pulse if one knows how to listen. Come practice with us and take your skill as an Ayurvedic practitioner, yoga instructor, or healer to the next level.
March 8-10, 2019
Friday, March 8 6 – 8 PM
- Overview of doshic theory
- What is nadiparikshanam (pulse diagnosis)
Saturday, March 9 10AM – 5 PM
- 7 aspects of pulse (gati, vega,bala, tala, akruti, tapamana, kathinya)
- 7 levels of the pulse overview
- 1st and 7th levels Prakruti and Vikruti theory and practice
- Determining a person’s constitution at birth as well as any current imbalance
Sunday, March 10 10 AM – 5 PM
- Organ pulses – How to feel for strengths/weakness and doshic effects on the organs
- How to interpret those sensations
- Assessing the emotional well being of a client
- Clarifying pushing and blocking of doshas – How does it feel in the pulse and how to interpret into treatment?
- Putting it all together with more practice!
Saturday and Sunday lunch included
About Jennifer Ayres, NAMA Certified Ayurvedic Practitioner, Teacher, and Mentor
Starting her Ancient Vedic studies with Swami Vidyadhishananda in 2000, she completed extensive Ayurvedic studies with Dr. Vasant Lad at the Ayurvedic Institute in 2004. Later she was invited to join the faculty at the Ayurvedic Institute as both a teacher and curriculum developer. Jennifer is presently the lead faculty, clinical supervisor, and assistant to Dr. Lad at the Vasant Institute of Ayurveda in Pune, India where she oversees the Gurukula Program. Jennifer is also available for one-on-one consultations, workshops, and practitioner mentoring both nationally and internationally. Sharing Pulse Diagnosis (Nadi Parikshanam) is her honor and privilege, with gratitude to Dr. Vasant Lad and his guru’s lineage.